Saturday, December 21, 2013

Getting back on track DURING the holidays


While some people tend to over indulge during the holidays, I like to view the holidays as an opportunity to make time for myself and my health - to eat healthy, get great sleep, and exercise often.  For the past month, I've been feeling a bit all over the place - being sick, then not sick, then sick again.  More often than normal I am reacting to certain foods, and feel a bit nauseous after I eat them.  My appetite hasn't been the same either.  While I'm generally great about eating healthy and working out, I know my diet has been a bit all over the place and I haven't had a consistent exercise schedule.

Getting Back on Track

1. Today I got up early and decided to head straight to the grocery store to do a large shopping trip - I am so glad I did.  I love having healthy options on hand at home and can't wait to (hopefully) feel back to normal again.  I started my day off with my favorite simple banana and spinach smoothie and look forward to a healthy lunch soon.

2.  To be proactive with exercise, I am going to schedule my daily exercise in advance, also keeping in mind gym closures and other obstacles.  I especially hope to get in a few great runs over the break.

3.  I am looking forward to a much needed massage tomorrow.  Getting regular (monthly) massages helps me feel more calm and happy, and is a great reward for keeping up with my goals.

4.  Over the break, I am going to read Break Through Your Set Point (I found it online on Amazon the other year but never managed to read it until now).  When I'm wanting to stay focused on my health goals, I find that reading a health book provides great guidance and keeps me inspired to live a healthy lifestyle.

How can you make your health a priority over the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment