Saturday, March 22, 2014

The cherry blossoms are BACK!


If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know I am obsessed with cherry blossoms...so much that I go on walks just to find them and smile...so much that I nerdily (yes that's a word) coined the phrase "cherry blossom moment" to describe the experience of when you suddenly stop and feel a great wave of happiness and peace washing over you due to something positive in your life.


This morning I went for my first walk of Spring.  Lucy and I had a great time (obviously).  It was so cold outside, but quiet and calm.  The flowers are just now starting to bloom in Seattle and they are already breathtaking.  As I passed by all of the Cherry Blossom trees in the early stages of their blooming, I was filled with so much excitement thinking about when they take OVER my neighborhood.  It is the absolute best.  I become addicted to walking around the neighborhood with Lucy before and after work to walk past the trees.  A quirky but healthy habit, indeed.


I've added a new label to my Blog: Spring renewal.  This is my way of tracking posts that share about my journey (and the journey of loved ones) this Spring as we search for renewal, hope, and positive energy that flows through us on our path to (greater) health and happiness.


May you have a wonderful and peace filled weekend with lots of laughter, joy, and comfort.  Know that you are loved by many and were perfectly and wonderfully made.

1 comment:

  1. You are a true breath of fresh air :) Wonderful post to read to kick off a Sunday! Hope you and Lucy have a fabulous day enjoying all of life's little blessings and special moments!

    ReplyDelete