Saturday, April 19, 2014

New book: The Lean


One of my favorite health and wellness authors is Kathy Freston (who wrote one of my favorite books, Quantum Wellness).  While I don't follow all of Kathy's beliefs (ex: she is a strict vegan), I love her core belief of holistic wellness - taking care of your mind, body, and spirit as you strive for better health.

Yesterday I came across one of her books at Barnes & Noble on the bargain priced table (only $5.99 for a new hardcover book!).  The Lean is about taking 30 small steps in 30 days to lose weight.  I got the book because I am all about the concept of doing making small, realistic steps to better your overall health and happiness. Losing weight, of course (if needed) is just an added bonus!

Here is a sneak peek of the contents with some of the 30 day tips for health, to give you an idea.  I am not sure if I'll officially do the exact 30 day plan but I am looking forward to learning new things and applying some of the insights to my every day life!  Please feel free to join me for a book club of sorts, as I'll be reporting back with my findings. 


Here's to a healthy and happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I read this last spring and LOVED it, I will definitely follow along, it's a great quick nightly read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! That's great to hear.

    ReplyDelete