Friday, July 24, 2015

A new life adventure


The past few months have brought me tremendous joy, excitement, nervousness, exhaustion, and action.  In early June, I was given an opportunity to make two big decisions in regard to a new city and a new job.  After much prayer, talks with mentors and friends, and waiting for "YES" moments, I decided to take a leap of faith and follow my gut. 

Tomorrow, I will be moving to Denver, CO to explore a new city and start a new leadership role at a nonprofit organization.  I cannot be more excited for this next chapter of my life, because it's exactly what I've been yearning for - for a long time.


A lot of people have asked me what precipitated this change. The quickest answer I can give is that for the past year, I've been in a rut. I didn't have anything to complain about in my life, but was feeling bored and uninspired (you may have noticed that even my blogging slowed down :).  I was less motivated than normal to achieve some of my goals in my personal life. I had become complacent with settling for less than I ultimately wanted.  For the sake of being honest, I had also become unenthused and disinterested in the Seattle community and culture at large. As time went on, I realized I needed to live in a community that felt friendlier, more welcoming, less pretentious, and more in line with my values. 

Will it be difficult to part ways with my family, friends, former organization, and one of the most beautiful cities in the country? Absolutely yes. But I know this is a change I am ready for that will challenge me, make me better person, and enrich my life. I am excited to take Showing Up for Yourself to Colorado and hope that my blogging will continue. 

As I close this post during my last night in Seattle, I feel truly grateful for the many friends, neighbors, volunteers, colleagues, and strangers who have challenged me and brought a smile to my face.  I also want to thank my friends who have played a positive role during my journey to Denver - thank you for pushing me to make this leap even when you shared you would be sad about my departure.  May the rest of 2015 bring all of you joy, love, countless blessings, learning, and a lot of fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment